Friday, November 11, 2011

Nano 11-11-11

Miracles happen sometimes. Today's miracle was getting almost double my word count goal when I thought I wasn't going to make it at all.

It was just one of those frozen days. I got on my computer, typed around 400 words. Ish. And got completely stuck. Then I fell asleep for like an hour, and woke up again at 9:30 pm or something. And was still stuck, but now with an arm that was so numb that it hurt from falling asleep on my computer.

And so I got up, walked around, did some stuff, played farkle on my phone (which I lost horribly), and then sat down and tried again. I still didn't know what was going on, and it was very hard to progress. But I just typed in a sentence, without much thinking about what it was. And then another. And then another.

Then I got to a part that was good. I knew what was going to happen. At least generically. The details were still a mystery to me. But I began typing at full blast. And low and behold, when I counted my words at midnight, I'd blown clear past my daily quota (of 1667) and done 2,744.

Needless to say, I was extremely pleased.

So, I guess the moral of the story on this one is "sometimes things turn out better than you plan, even if they didn't go how you plan."

Or maybe "trudging through tough times is always worth it. Don't give up."

Or possibly even "never type on an empty stomach."

Take your pick.

Daily: 2,744
Total: 23,948


No comments:

Post a Comment