Thursday, April 21, 2011

My Imaginary Boyfriend is Better Than Yours

That was the title of a book we found today. It was funny. But also true. I have some really fantastic imaginary men in my life.

There's much more to Isaiah Wolff than this, but it's a tiny little example of why I'd marry him if he were real.



“Always to the point,” he said through his laughter.

“Yes, well, I don’t see a lot of purpose in extra words.”

“Most of the time I agree.” he replied.

“Most of the time?”

“Yes. I don’t like lies and deception, and manipulation.”

“Of course not.” She started, but she cut herself off. She wanted to know more about how he thought of things, and here was a chance.

“No, I don’t. I like straightforward honesty. But there are some things that are better with more words. Like... oh, never mind.”

“Oh, come on. Like what?”

“You’ll probably think this is weird.”

“I won’t. I promise.” She said, now very curious.

“Well, like poetry. Nature, life, love...” He paused, and glanced up at her for a moment before continuing. “Those things don’t need more words, but they deserve them. Saying ‘I love you’ to someone is fine, if you mean it. But if you really do love them, why not say it over and over? Make the saying of it as beautiful as the feeling itself?”

No comments:

Post a Comment